4,200 lumens WUXGA laser light source projector
Superb image quality plus low running costs, minimal maintenance, flexible installation and low fan noise
The VPL-FHZ58B laser projector is ideal for a wide range of business, education and entertainment applications. Teamed with our BrightEra 3LCD projection engine, the advanced Z-Phosphor laser light source ensures detail-packed WUXGA resolution images with a generous 4,200 lumens brightness and rich, stable colors. Building on the success of Sony’s acclaimed first-generation laser projectors, advanced picture refinement technologies now assure even greater clarity and realism with any input source.
The laser light source allows up to 20,000 hours of virtually zero maintenance operation without the worry of sudden lamp failures. Constant Brightness Mode maintains the same on-screen light levels throughout the laser source’s extra-long lifespan An automated filter system cuts the hassle of regular dust cleaning. Near-zero maintenance needs are complemented by a range of energy-saving features, driving down total lifetime ownership costs even further.
With a stylish blend-in design, tidy cable management and ultra-low fan noise, the VPL-FHZ58B fits beautifully into almost any environment – from academic institutions, corporate, medical training and public sector organizations to visitor attractions and retail spaces. Seamlessly blend images from multiple projectors to create super-sized displays, or project accurately proportioned images onto angled or curved surfaces. Mount the projector at any angle, even on its side or upside down. Setup is refreshingly easy with a friendly installation menu.
The VPL-FHZ58B is a black model.
- Advanced BrightEra 3LCD projection engine and Z-Phosphor laser light source: ensure high image quality with 4,200 lumen image brightness and vivid, natural color reproduction.
- Constant Brightness: maintains the same brightness throughout the 20,000 hours recommended life span.
- Picture quality boosted by advanced picture refinement technologies: Reality Creation uses a powerful pattern-matching database to optimize every pixel. Contrast Enhancer actively analyzes and refines dark and light image areas for sparkling highlights and rich, deep blacks.
- Crisp, detail-packed WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 16:10 resolution images: show the finest detail in PC presentations, videos or multimedia signage.
- Up to 20,000 hours* operation from laser light source with virtually no maintenance: No lamp exchange means reduced lifetime running costs compared with traditional projectors. (*Actual hours may vary depending on usage environment.)
- Hassle-free automatic filter cleaning: removes dust every 100 hours.
- Energy saving features: reduce running costs even further with convenient energy-saving features: Picture Mute and Auto Dimming.
- Quick power On/Off: dramatically cuts warm-up time after switch-on before you can start presenting at full brightness.
- 360° free-angle installation capability: position the projector freely at any angle, or on its side or even upside down, for greater installation flexibility
- Powered Wide Lens Shift: generous lens shift adjustments give more flexibility for positioning the projector where you need it: close to ceilings or even horizontally offset.
Included powered standard zoom lens plus wide choice of lens options: increase installation flexibility by suiting virtually any size of room and throw requirements. New quick-release bayonet mount simplifies quick lens exchange.
- Supports HDBaseT: simpler, more cost-effective installation and connectivity with digital transmission of HD video, audio and networking/control over a single Ethernet cable.
- Create super-size displays with Edge Blending: seamlessly join accurately color-matched images from multiple projectors, simplifying creation of stunning super-size displays for corporate and education.
- Project onto non-flat surfaces with Image Warping: easily correct image geometry for natural-looking projections – even on convex or concave surfaces. Corner and edge correction can be easily adjusted with the supplied remote and on-screen menu.
- Quiet operation: low fan noise ensures discreet, unobtrusive operation in quiet environments from museums and galleries to lecture theatres.
- Slim, attractive new blend-in case design: features a flat top surface that blends in discreetly when the projector is ceiling mounted. The clean appearance is accentuated by a new terminal cover that reduces cable clutter.
- New Picture Mode: ensures great-looking pictures in any presentation conditions. Select Standard, Dynamic, Brightness Priority or Multi Screen mode for optimized image quality, with any source and in every room.
- Built-in Auto Calibration: color can be automatically calibrated to the original factory condition after extended periods. There’s no need for extra calibration equipment or cameras; a built-in color sensor stores all the necessary information.
- Simple setup with friendly new Installation menu: easily adjust projector settings with remote commander, including warping and edge blending.
- Projection of images from two inputs side by side: ideal for applications such as video conferencing and medical training where two images need to be seen simultaneously.
|Display System||3 LCD system|
Size of effective display area: 0.76” (19 mm) x 3 BrightEra LCD Panel, Aspect ratio: 16:10
Number of pixels: 6,912,000 (1920 x 1200 x 3) pixels
|Zoom Ratio||Approx. x 1.6|
|Throw Ratio||1.39:1 to 2.23:1|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||±32%|
|Vertical Lens Shift||-5% to +60%|
|Light Source||Laser Diode|
|Filter cleaning / replacement cycle (Max.)*2||20000 Hours (service maintenance)|
|Screen size||40'' to 600'' (1.02 m to 15.24 m) (measured diagonally)|
Mode: Standard 4,200 lm*4
Mode: Standard (Center) 4,600 lm*5
Mode: Middle 3,000 lm
|Color Light Output*3||
Mode: Standard 4,200 lm
Mode: Middle 3,000 lm
|Contrast Ratio (full white/full black)*3||500000:1|
|Displayable scanning frequency||
Horizontal: 15 kHz to 92 kHz
Vertical: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
|Computer signal input||Maximum signal resolution: 1920 x 1200 *6|
|Video signal input||NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 480/60i, 576/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i
The following items are available for digital signal (HDMI input) only; 1080/60P, 1080/50p, 1080/24p
|Color System||NTSC3.58, PAL, SECAM, NTSC4.43, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL60|
|Keystone Correction (Max.)||Horizontal: ±30º
Inputs & Outputs (Computer/Video/Control)
|Input A||RGB / YPbPr input connector: Mini D-sub 15 pin (female)
Audio input connector: Stereo mini jack
|Input B||DVI input connector: DVI-D 24-pin (single link), HDCP support
Audio input connector: Shared with INPUT A
|Input C||HDMI input connector: HDMI 19-pin, HDCP support
Audio input connector: HDMI audio support
|Input D||HDBaseT interface connector: RJ45, 4 play (Video, Audio, LAN, Control)|
|Video In||Video input connector: BNC
Audio input connector: Shared with input A
|Output A||Monitor output for Input A Connector: Mini D-sub 15-pin (female)
Audio output connector: Stereo mini jack
|Output B||Monitor output for Input B Connector: DVI-D 24-pin (single link), HDCP not supported
Audio output, Monitor out connector: Stereo mini jack
|Remote||D-sub 9-pin (male) / RS232C|
|IR (Control S)||Stereo mini jack, Plug in power DC5V|
Lamp mode: Middle 28 dB
|Operating Temperature & Humidity||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)|
|Storage Temperature & Humidity||-10°C to +60°C (14°F to +140°F) / 20% to 80% (no condensation)|
|Power Requirements||AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.5 A to 1.9 A, 50 Hz / 60 Hz|
AC 100 V to 120 V: Mode: Standard: 367 W
AC 220 V to 240 V: Mode: Standard: 352 W
|Power Consumption (Standby Mode)||
AC 100 V to 120 V: 0.5W (when “Standby mode” is set to “Low”)
AC 220 V to 240 V: 0.5W (when “Standby mode” is set to “Low”)
|Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode)||
AC 100 V to 120 V:
15.0 W (LAN)
19.4 W (HDBaseT)
19.4 W (All Terminals and Networks Connected) (when "Standby Mode" is set to "Standard")
AC 220 V to 240 V:
13.3 W (LAN)
17.4 W (HDBaseT)
17.4 W (All Terminals and Networks Connected) (when "Standby Mode" is set to "Standard")
|Standby Mode / Networked Standby Mode Activated||Approx. 10 Minutes|
AC 100 V to 120 V: 1252 BTU/h
AC 220 V to 240 V: 1201 BTU/h
|Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions)||460 x 169 x 515 mm
18 1/8 x 6 21/32 x 20 9/32 inches
|Weight||16 kg (34 lb)|
|Supplied Accessories||RM-PJ27 Remote Control|
VPLL-3003 / 3007 / Z3009 / Z3010 / Z3024 / Z3032
*1 With supplied standard lens
*2 This figure is expected maintenance time, not guaranteed time. The actual value depends on the environment and how the projector is used.
*3 The figures are approximate. They vary depending on the environment or how the projector is used.
*4 The value is in accordance with ISO 21118, and may differ depending on the actual unit. Brightness and contrast vary depending on use conditions and environments.
*5 The value is light output measured at center area of screen in Standard mode, and average of all products shipped.
*6 Available for VESA Reduced Blanking signal.
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
|D:W||0.33:1||0.65:1||0.85:1 – 1.0:1||1.0 – 1.39:1||1.39:1 – 2.23:1||2.34:1 – 3.19:1||3.18:1 – 4.84:1|
|F-Stop||1.85||1.75||1.85 – 2.10||1.75 – 2.10||2.00 – 2.30||2.00 – 2.40|