Short-Throw LCD WXGA Conference Room Projector
Thanks to its 0.46:1 short-throw lens, the PT-TW380U promotes effective communication without screen shadowing. Developing high-contrast brilliance from a compact body, the projector serves interactive images in well-lit rooms from as little as 80 cm or less away from an 80-inch screen image, avoiding shadows from the presenter.
High reliability and low TCO come with a new long-life lamp engineered for 20,000 hours of operation. The air filter lasts as long as 10,000 hours, setting your team up for dependable everyday projection. Save time and money with dependable set-and-forget projection you can count on.
Connect two laptops via dual HDMI® to seamlessly switch HD content; use our optional wireless USB module to mirror device screens, or cast to a media streaming device powered via USB DC to reduce cable clutter.
- Low-maintenance endurance reduces total cost of ownership
- Simple setup with extensive connections
- 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Horizontal and vertical keystone correction
- Daylight View Lite senses ambient brightness and optimizes for clearest image reproduction
Beautiful Pictures, No Shadows
- High-Contrast Visibility in Bright Rooms: bright and vivid 3,300 lm* images and 20,000:1 contrast ratio —25 % more than the PT-TW371R Series — graphics, text, and video are clear and sharp while color resists washout in natural or artificial light.
- Short-Throw Design Gives a Clearer View: with support for desktop or ceiling installation, the PT-TW380U can be set up only 80 centimeters (31.5 inches) from the screen to reproduce a big 80-inch image. As well as bringing large pictures to small spaces, the short-throw lens casts the image in front of the presenter so his or her shadow does not obscure the screen.
- Daylight View Lite: This function optimizes color and brightness according to ambient lighting levels. It is easily accessed using the supplied remote control.
Low-Maintenance Reliability and Low TCO
- Long-life Lamp Lowers Your Overheads: A breakthrough in materials design has enabled development of a new low-degradation long-life lamp designed to operate for 20,000 hours1 before recommended replacement. Enjoy lower running costs and excellent reliability.
- Easy-to-Access Long-life Air Filter: The durable air filter supporting up to 10,000 hours2 service before suggested maintenance. The filter can be replaced in moments via a handy panel door even when the projector is mounted on the ceiling.
- Multi Monitoring & Control Software: Manage up to 2,048 devices via network with system map visualization and auto-search of unregistered devices. The free software is available with Early Warning functions3 (free 90-day trial). These enable real-time monitoring, abnormality detection, and much more.
Simple, Flexible, and Very Well Connected
- Extensively Connected with HDMI® and PC Inputs: the PT-TW380U can connect up to four players at a time via dual HDMI and D-sub inputs4, so multiple presenters won’t have to share a cable, making transitions smoother.
- Options for Wireless Media Mirroring and Casting5: Create a collaborative space with our optional USB wireless modules for mobile6 and PC7 screen-mirroring, or power a media streaming module8 via USB DC terminal for media casting from PC or mobiles without cable clutter.
- Image Adjustment for Distortion-free Projection: V/H Keystone Correction (H: ±15° auto/manual, V: ±15° manual) provides some leeway for image geometry adjustment when projecting off-axis to the screen center, while Curved Screen Correction tames distortion when shooting onto convex or concave surfaces.
- Light and Compact for Easy Portability: Intended for easy room-to-room portability or as an on-ceiling solution supporting Panasonic software and third-party control protocols over LAN, the PT-TW380U’s light 3.9 kg (8.6 lb) weight makes handling a breeze. Manual controls let presenters set up quickly and easily on-site and commence their workshop almost immediately with less wasted time.
- Selectable Modes Suit Your Projection Priorities: Choose your preferred mix of high brightness, extended maintenance, or quiet operation. Normal Mode prioritizes picture quality in bright environments, while Quiet Mode projects at a virtually inaudible 30 dB (compared to 38 dB in NORMAL Mode) with an extended filter replacement cycle. Eco Mode strikes a useful balance between the two with 20,000-hour1 lamp-life and 35 dB operation.
- Memory Viewer Light: Insert a USB memory device into the USB port and start projecting stored content straight away without having to connect to a computer. The USB media player supports a variety of image files, such as JPEG and PNG. (Still images only; video reproduction is not supported.)
- Direct Power Off: this function lets you switch off the projector and unplug the power cord right after use. You can safely turn off the room’s breaker switch without waiting for the projector to cool down. This is useful when the projector is mounted on the ceiling, or in time-critical situations.
- Built-in 10 W mono speaker, mic input, and variable audio output
- Color-board and Blackboard Modes
- Supports PJ Link (Class 2) control solution
- Custom start-up logo and security bar theft-deterrence
- Easy on-ceiling lamp and filter access via side- and top-panel doors
- Adjustable feet and optional mounts/brackets for high/low ceilings
- Built-in Closed Caption Decoder
1 Lamp life is approximately 20,000 hours in Eco Mode and 10,000 hours in Normal/Quiet Mode. Replacement timing varies depending on operating environment and usage conditions.
2 Filter life is approximately 5,000 hours in Normal Mode, 6,000 hours in Eco Mode, and 10,000 hours in Quiet Mode. Replacement timing varies depending on operating environment and usage conditions.
3 Early Warning Functions (ET-SWA100 Series) are included free with Multi Monitoring & Control Software Ver. 2.0 and later, but require a paid license key and activation to continue usage after a 90-day trial period.
4 Computer In 2 is shared with Computer Out.
5 Optional ET-WML100 (stock limited)/AJ-WM50 series wireless module is subject to regional availability and requires Wireless Projector app for iOS or Android™ or Presenter Light (for Windows® PC) to enable wireless projection. ET-WML100 Series and AJ-WM50 Series devices are both compatible with all projectors in this series, and either can be used to enable the wireless network function.
6 When using the Wireless Projector app, display resolution differs depending on your iOS/Android device and the display device. The maximum supported display resolution is WXGA (1280 x 800).
7 When using Presenter Light Software, images are projected with 1280 x 800 dots or 1024 x 768 dots onto the screen. Also, your PC display resolution may be forcibly changed, and audio playback disrupted or become noisy, while images and sound are being transmitted
8 Panasonic cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party media streaming devices.
|Projector type||LCD projector|
|Panel size||15.0 mm (0.59 in) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)|
|Display method||Transparent LCD panel (x 3, R/G/B)|
|Drive method||Active matrix method|
|Number of pixels||1,024,000 (1280 x 800 pixels) x 3|
|Light source||230 W lamp|
|Light output*1||3,300 lumens|
|Lamp replacement cycle*2||Normal: 10,000 h/Eco: 20,000 h/Quiet: 10,000 h|
|Filter replacement cycle||Normal: 5,000 h/Eco: 6,000 h/Quiet: 10,000 h|
|Resolution||1280 x 800 pixels (WXGA)|
|Contrast ratio*1||20,000:1 (All white/all black, Iris: On, Image mode: Dynamic, Auto Power Save: Off, Daylight View: Off, Lamp control: Normal)|
|Screen size (diagonal)||1.27–2.54 m (50–100 in), 16:10 aspect ratio|
|Center-to-corner zone ratio*1||85 %|
|Lens||Fixed zoom, manual focus lens, F = 1.8, f = 6.08 mm, throw ratio: 0.46:1 (Projection distance: 0.80 m [2.62 ft] for 80-inch image)|
|Keystone correction range||Vertical: ±15 ° (Auto, Manual), Horizontal: ±15 ° (Manual)|
| HDMI 1 IN/
HDMI 2 IN
|HDMI 19-pin x 2 (Compatible with HDCP 1.4, Deep Color), Audio signal: Linear PCM
(Sampling frequencies: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz)
|COMPUTER 1 IN||D-sub HD 15-pin (female) x 1 [RGB/YPBPR/YC]|
| COMPUTER 2 IN/
|D-sub HD 15-pin (female) x 1 [RGB/YPBPR] (Input/output switching)|
|VIDEO IN||Pin jack x 1|
|AUDIO IN 1||M3 (L,R) x 1|
|AUDIO IN 2||Pin jack x 2 (L,R)|
|M3 (L,R) x 1 (Variable)|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for external control (RS-232C compatible)|
|LAN||RJ-45 x 1 for network connection, 10Base-T/100Base-TX, PJLink™ (Class 2) compatible|
|USB||USB Type-A (for Memory Viewer/Wireless Module [ET-WML100/AJ-WM50 series*3]/Power supply [DC 5 V/2 A])|
|Power supply||AC 100–240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||300 W|
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic|
|Built-in speaker||10 W monaural|
|Operation noise*1||Normal: 38 dB, Eco: 35 dB, Quiet: 30 dB|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||335 x 134.1*4 x 329 mm (13 3/16" x 5 9/32"*4 x 12 15/16")|
|Weight*5||Approx. 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature*6: Normal use: 5–40 °C (41–104 °F) at altitudes less than 1,400 m (4,593 ft); 5–35 °C (41–95 °F) at altitudes of 1,400–2,700 m (4,593–8,858 ft);
Operating humidity: 20–80 % (No condensation)
|Applicable software||Multi Monitoring & Control Software, Early Warning Software, Logo Transfer Software, Presenter Light Software (for Windows)*7, Wireless Projector for iOS/Android*8|
Parts and Labor: 3 years or 2000 hours (whichever comes first); 90 days on lamp.
*1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is average of all products when shipped.
*2 Lamp replacement cycle stated is maximum value, at which time brightness will have decreased to 50 %. Usage environment affects lamp replacement cycle.
*3 ET-WML100 Series and AJ-WM50 Series devices are both compatible with all projectors in this series, and either can be used to enable the wireless network function.
*4 With legs at shortest position.
*5 Average value. May differ depending on the actual unit.
*6 When [LAMP POWER] is set to [NORMAL] and the projector is operated at an elevation of 1,400 m (4,593 ft) or less, if the ambient temperature exceeds 35 °C (95 °F), [LAMP POWER] will be switched to [ECO] automatically to protect the projector. When [LAMP POWER] is set to [NORMAL] and the projector is operated at an elevation between 1,400 m (4,593 ft) and 2,700 m (8,858 ft), if the ambient temperature exceeds 30 °C (86 °F), [LAMP POWER] will be switched to [ECO] automatically to protect the projector.
*7 When using Presenter Light Software, images are projected with 1280 x 800 dots or 1024 x 768 dots onto the screen. Also, your PC display resolution may be forcibly changed, and audio playback disrupted or become noisy, while images and sound are being transmitted.
*8 When using the Wireless Projector app, display resolution differs depending on your iOS/Android™ device and the display device. The maximum supported display resolution is WXGA (1280 x 800).
|Replacement lamp assembly (ET-LAL510)
(Image is for reference only – actual lamp may differ.)
$249.00 Add to Cart
|Replacement filter unit (ET-RFL300)||
$98.00 Add to Cart
|Wireless module (AJ-WM50P)||
$159.00 Add to Cart
|Wireless module (ET-WML100U)||
$109.00 Add to Cart
|VGA to S-VIDEO conversion cable (ET-ADSV)||
$40.00 Add to Cart