4700-Lumen Entry-Level Professional Installation Projector
The P Series is ideal for higher education classrooms, corporate boardrooms and rental where bright, sharp images are required.
The NEC P474U includes advanced installation features such as horizontal and vertical lens shift, and HDBaseT connectivity that provide greater installation flexibility. Horizontal and vertical keystone correction along with cornerstone and pincushion adjustment ensure the image will be square on the screen even if installation challenges exist.
The long lamp life reduces maintenance and lowers total cost of ownership.
- Horizontal & Vertical lens shift enables flexible projector placement
- Powerful 20W speakers provide volume needed for large rooms
- Built-in HDBaseT enables simplified installations with a single cable for video and audio over long distances
- Dual HDMI inputs (with HDCP) ensure quick switching between presentations
- LAN connection for control and asset management over the network
- Optional wireless display with MultiPresenter Stick
- Variable audio-out allows the remote control to adjust speaker volume
- 18,000:1 Contrast Ratio creating extremely detailed images
- 8000-hour lamp (eco) drastically reduces maintenance, thereby decreasing the total cost of ownership
- Eco-friendly features, minimal maintenance and cost savings mean these projectors are still great for challenging installation applications in higher education and corporate
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- Manual keystone correction
- Wireless LAN (control only)
- USB Viewer
- Auto power on
- ECO Mode technology
- Closed captioning
- Variable audio out
- Carbon savings meter
- Virtual Remote
- Sleep timer
- Built-in wall color correction
- Advanced AccuBlend
- Built-in Wall Color Correction: Presets provide for adaptive color tone correction, to display properly on non-white surfaces.
- Carbon Savings Meter: Calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy.
- Dual HDMI inputs (with HDCP): Ensure quick switching between presentations and allow for simultaneous digital connections of high-definition sources, such as Blu-ray players, cable boxes, satellite receivers and computers.
- Crestron Roomview: Provides unified management, including the ability to switch the power on and off for multiple projectors connected to a network.
- Direct Power Off: Protects the lamp when the projector is accidentally unplugged or the power strip is switched off. Enables the fan to continue running until the lamp is properly cooled down. Internal sensors monitor lamp temperature and prevent the lamp from powering on.
- Dual Computer Inputs: Ensure quick switching between presentations.
- Quick Startup and Quick Power-Off: Allow users to begin presenting within 3 to 4 seconds, and allow immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown, to ensure efficient energy usage.
- Advanced AccuBlend™: Ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Auto Power On: Powers on the projector as soon as it is plugged into a power outlet.
- Cornerstone Correction: Allows for horizontal, vertical and diagonal image correction for aligned images even when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen.
- ECO Mode™: Extends light source life, lowers audible noise and reduces total cost of ownership.
- Variable Audio Out: Adjusts the volume of an external speaker system using the projector's remote control.
- 20W Audio: Powerful 20-watt speaker provides volume needed for large rooms.
- AutoSense™: Intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization.
- Virtual Remote: Used over the VGA cable to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables.
|Native Resolution||WUXGA 1920x1200|
|Maximum Resolution||WUXGA 1920 x 1200|
|Contrast Ratio (typical)||18,000:1|
|Horizontal (Analog/Digital)||15–100 kHz
(RGB: 24 kHz or over)
|Supported Video Standards||NTSC, NTSC4.43, PAL, PAL-60, PAL-M, PAL-N, SECAM|
|SD/HD Video Signal Compatibility||480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|PC Signal Compatibility||VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, SXGA+, UXGA, WUXGA|
|Macintosh Signal Compatibility||Yes|
|Sync Compatibility||Separate Sync / Composite Sync / Sync on G|
|External Control||RS-232, IR, DDC/CI, USB, LAN|
RGB1 (analog): VGA 15-pin D-sub
RGB2 (digital): HDMI w/ HDCP
RGB3 (digital): HDMI w/ HDCP
RGB4 (digital): HDBaseT
Video 1: RCA
Audio 1: RCA
Audio 2: Mini stereo
|Output Terminals||Audio out: 1/8 in. stereo (Variable audio out)|
Power Consumption (typical)
|On||424 W / 286 W / 2.0 W / 0.14 W|
|Input Current||4.7–1.9 A|
|Power Requirements||100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
16.5 x 5.6 x 13.0 in.
(420 x 141 x 329 mm)
10.6 lb / 4.8 kg
|Operating Temperature||41–104°F / 5-40°C|
|Storage||14–122°F / -10–50°C|
|Display Technology||0.64" LCD|
|Light Output (Lumens)||5,000 (Center)
4700 (Eco Off)
4050 (Normal Eco)
|Light Source Type||Lamp 330 W AC|
|Light Source Life
4000 hours (Eco Off) / 6000 hours (Normal Eco) / 8000 hours (Eco)
|Screen Size (diagonal)||30 to 300 in. / 0.76 to 7.6 m|
|Throw Ratio||1.2 – 2.0:1|
|Projection Distance||2.6 to 42.3 ft. / 0.8 to 12.9 m|
|Projector Angle||0 to 10.0° tele / 0 to 16.0° wide|
Zoom: 1 to 1.6
F number: F=1.5 to 2.08
f number: f=17.2 to 27.7 mm
|Keystone Correction||Manual ±20° horizontal, ±30° vertical|
|Fan Noise||37 dB normal / 34 dB eco|
|Installation Orientation||Floor/Front, Floor/Rear, Ceiling/Front, Ceiling/Rear|
|Regulations||USA UL 60950-1 / FCC Part15 Class B, Canada CSA 60950-1 / ICES-003 Class B, NOM|
Limited Warranty (parts & labor)
Registered owners receive a 3-year parts and labor warranty including InstaCare next business day exchange. The lamp is covered for one year or 1,000 hours, whichever comes first.
- Remote control
- Power cord
- RGB signal cable
- User manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Info
- Product registration card
- Security Sticker