3800-Lumen, WUXGA, 1.6x Zoom, Classroom Projector
Easy to use and at the right price, ME Series projectors using LCD technology provide all the essential features that you need to connect with your audience. The 3800-lumen, WUXGA (1920 x 1200) native resolution NEC ME382U is ideal for classrooms that need essential features.
It features a broad 1.6x zoom range that provides greater mount options for easy installation in projector retrofit applications. The ME Series offers an incredible lamp life up to 15,000 hours which reduces maintenance requirements and lowers total cost of ownership. The environment is kept in mind with ECO Mode™ technology, a carbon savings meter, extended filter life, and energy-saving features such as quick startup and direct power off.
Built-in MultiPresenter functionality allows for screen sharing of up to 16 devices simultaneously via a wired or wireless connection (wireless requires NP05LM1). (Win, MAC, Android, iOS) (No Internet access or WAN required)
- Up to 15,000-hour lamp reduces maintenance requirements and lowers total cost of ownership
- Broad 1.6x zoom range gives installers more options when choosing a mounting location
- Dual HDMI inputs ensure quick switching between inputs
- USB Viewer allows you to present without a PC using a USB flash drive
- Powerful 16W speaker provides volume needed for large rooms
- ECO Mode™ technology helps extend lamp life and lowers power consumption
- LCD technology provides brilliant, colorful and engaging images
- Keystone and Cornerstone ensure the image fills the screen properly from almost any angle
- Built-in MultiPresenter functionality allows for screen sharing of up to 16 devices simultaneously via a wired or wireless connection (wireless requires NP05LM1). (Win, MAC, Android, iOS) (No Internet access or WAN required)
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- 16W Audio: provides the volume needed for large rooms
- 4K Ready: display stunning 4K 60P content using NEC’s proprietary high performance video processing/scaling chip without the loss of critical details.
- Advanced AccuBlend™: ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Auto Power On: powers on the projector as soon as it is plugged into a power outlet.
- AutoSense™: intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization.
- Built-In Closed Captioning: enables decoding and display of text information from a video.
- Built-in Wall Color Correction: presets provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces.
- Carbon Savings Meter: calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy.
- Computer-Free Presentations: insert a USB drive or compact flash memory card directly into the projector and change images using the wireless remote control provided with the projector.
- Cornerstone Correction: allows for horizontal, vertical and diagonal image correction for aligned images even when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen.
- Crestron Roomview: provides unified management, including the ability to switch the power on and off for multiple projectors connected to a network.
- Direct Power Off: protects the lamp when the projector is accidentally unplugged or the power strip is switched off. Enables the fan to continue running until the lamp is properly cooled down. Internal sensors monitor lamp temperature and prevent the lamp from powering on.
- Discreet Source Keys: projector and remote feature direct access buttons for source selection.
- Dual Computer Inputs: ensure quick switching between presentations.
- Dual HDMI inputs (with HDCP): ensure quick switching between presentations and allow for simultaneous digital connections of high-definition sources, such as Blu-ray players, cable boxes, satellite receivers and computers
- ECO Mode™: extends lamp life, lowers audible noise and reduces total cost of ownership.
- Geometric Correction: allows you to project on spheres, cylinders, corner angles and more.
- Power Management: enables projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs.
- Quick Startup and Quick Power-Off: allow users to begin presenting within 3 to 4 seconds and allow immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown to ensure efficient energy usage.
- Remote Diagnostics: enables the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projector from a remote location.
- USB Viewer: permits playback (without a PC) of presentations or display images stored as JPG files on a USB flash drive.
- Variable Audio Out: adjusts the volume of an external speaker system using the projector's remote control.
- Wired Network Connection: integrated RJ45 connection for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability).
- Wireless LAN (Optional): allows you to transmit images from a PC wirelessly to the projector, eliminating the need for traditional cumbersome cables.
|Aspect Ratio||16x10||Native Resolution||WUXGA 1920x1200|
Up to 4K@30Hz (3840x2160) with Advanced AccuBlend,
Pixel clock frequency: less than 300 MHz
|Contrast Ratio (typical)||16,000:1|
|Horizontal (Analog/Digital)||15–100 kHz
(RGB: 24 kHz or over)
|Supported Video Standards||NTSC3.58/NTSC4.43/PAL/PAL-N/PAL-M/PAL-60/SECAM||SD/HD Video Signal Compatibility||480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|PC Signal Compatibility||VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, SXGA+, UXGA, WUXGA||Macintosh Signal Compatibility||Yes|
|External Control||RS-232 (D-Sub 9pin), IR, LAN|
RGB1 (analog): VGA 15-pin D-sub
RGB2 (digital): HDMI w/HDCP
RGB3 (digital): HDMI w/HDCP
Video 1: RCA
Audio 1: Stereo Mini Jack
Audio 2: RCA (L/R)
Audio: Stereo Mini Jack
Audio out: Yes (variable)
Monitor Out: VGA 15-pin D-sub
Power Consumption (typical)
|On||295 W||Input Current||3.4 – 1.4 A|
|Power Requirements||100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
Product: 13.6 x 10.3 x 4.1 in.
(345 x 261 x 104.6 mm)
Shipping: 17.7 x 15.4 x 7.8 in.
(450 x 390 x 200 mm)
Net Weight: 7.7 lbs. (3.5 kg)
Shipping: 11.0 lbs. (5.0 kg)
|Operating Temperature||41–104°F / 5-40°C||Storage||14–122°F / -10–50°C|
Limited Warranty (parts & labor)
|Registered owners receive a 3-year parts and labor warranty including InstaCare next business day exchange. The lamp is covered for one year or 1,000 hours, whichever comes first.|
|Display Technology||0.64" LCD||Light Output (Lumens)||3800 normal|
|Lamp Type||225 W AC||Light Source Life
10,000 hours normal
|Screen Size (diagonal)||30 – 300 in.
0.76 – 7.62 m
|Throw Ratio||1.2 – 2.0:1|
|Projection Distance||2.6 to 42.3 ft.
0.8 to 12.9 m
|Projector Angle||0 – 9° tele
0 – 10° wide (at 60")
F number: F=1.5~2.08
f number: f=17.2~27.7 mm
|Keystone Correction|| ±20° horizontal
|Fan Noise||37 dB ECO mode off / 34 dB Normal ECO / 29 dB ECO mode|
|Installation Orientation||Floor/Front, Floor/Rear, Ceiling/Front, Ceiling/Rear|
|Regulations||USA: UL (UL60950-1/UL62368-1) FCC Part15 Class B, Canada: C-UL (CSA60950-1) ICES-003 Class B, NOM|
- Remote control
- Power cord
- RGB signal cable
- User manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Product registration card
|Replacement lamp assembly (NP47LP)||
Add to Cart
|Replacement remote control (RMT-PJ39)||
Add to Cart
|Wireless LAN Adapter (NP05LM1)||
Add to Cart