WUXGA 3LCD Portable Laser Projector with 6,200 Lumens (black)
Small and light, the Panasonic PT-VMZ61BU7 delivers clear, striking images in well-lit open meeting spaces and classrooms. 6,200-lumen brightness, 3,000,000:1 contrast, and vivid colors create an engaging presentation experience from this laser LCD projector.
The laser LCD projector's compact 15.21 lb (6.9 kg) body is easy to install while 1.6x zoom, lens adjustment, and 6-Point Screen Correction let you project almost anywhere, even room corners. Its lightweight design makes it easy to carry from room to room, and simple to install on the ceiling. The Panasonic projector's smooth styling and quiet operation harmonize with your interior space, blending in and keeping attention focused on the presentation.
Connect devices to the Panasonic PT-VMZ61BU7 over wireless LAN by snapping an on-screen QR Code with your phone. Share video, documents and more via PC software and apps. You can also project media from a USB flash drive without cable hassle.
CEC command compatible HDMI® supports 4K signals for easy integration.
(This projector is also available as a white model: PT-VMZ61U7.)
High-Visibility Images in Bright Rooms
Bright, High-Visibility Images in Well-Lit Spaces: Because office and classroom projectors are used with the room lights on and window blinds open, they need high light output to produce a bright image. Thanks to a carefully refined optical engine, PT-VMZ61BU generates 6,200 lumens of brightness. Dim, washed out projections are history: expect big, bright, vivid pictures in bright environments to stimulate viewer engagement with the lesson or meeting content.
High 3,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast: Input signals are analyzed frame by frame to regulate light output for best contrast performance in every scene. As well as accurately reproducing pictures that contain a mix of dark and bright hues, Dynamic Contrast is more energy efficient than other technologies and can be optimized to suit the content or the room’s lighting. The projector’s high 3,000,000:11 contrast ratio provides better detail definition in shadows with deeper blacks, brighter whites, and more natural skin-tones for a better sense of depth and definition.
Daylight View Basic Optimizes Image Quality in Bright Rooms: enhances image sharpness by clarifying detail definition in dark areas of the picture, which can be difficult to see in bright light. A sensor measures the amount of ambient light in the room and optimizes halftone color and brightness for best results according to surrounding levels of illumination.
Power Consumption Reduced by 20%: The PT-VMZ71 Series uses about 20%2 less energy than the previous series. Efficiency is further increased, and brightness optimized to suit ambient light levels, just by pressing the ECO3 button on the remote control. Adopting energy-efficient Panasonic projection in your meeting rooms or learning spaces helps you to achieve CSR environmental policy objectives while reducing waste.
Reduce Interruptions and Callout Frequency: In typical office and classroom environments, the projector’s reusable ECO Filter doesn’t need replacement for about 20,000 hours4. That equates to about 10 years of service assuming about 40 hours of projection per working week. If the filter requires maintenance before then, it can be washed and reused up to two times, reducing waste and parts inventories, and contributing to your CSR environmental policy objectives.
Installation Flexibility Adapts Projection to Any Space
Versatile 1.6x Zoom with Wide-Range V/H Lens-Shift: Built-in 1.6x optical zoom (1.09–1.77:1) supports projection from close range or from a distance, enhancing projector location flexibility and bringing large, easy-to-see images to rooms of different sizes and shapes. V/H Lens-Shift function offers +44% to 0% Vertical adjustment, useful when projecting from a high ceiling, and ±20% Horizontal adjustment to correctly place the image when projecting off-axis to the screen.
New Digital Zoom Extender Function: available for the first time on the PT-VMZ71 Series, this function provides a convenient way to fit the image to your screen beyond optical zoom range, reducing the need to relocate your projector mounts, potentially saving you time, money, and hassle on your next refreshment cycle.
Note: Resolution decreases when using Digital Zoom Extender. 6-Point Screen Correction, V/H Keystone Correction, and curved-screen correction are not available when using this function, and range of corner adjustment is limited.
Easy Operation with two CEC Command-Compatible HDMI® Inputs: HDMI inputs are compatible with control signals sent via a CEC command compatible1 component, giving you limited control over the projector using the compatible source device’s remote control. The projector power ups from Standby and commences playback automatically on command from a compatible player, such as optional Wireless Presentation System PressIT, when connected to the projector via HDMI.
Supports 4K Input-Signals via HDMI and DIGITAL LINK: The PT-VMZ61BU accepts 4K5 video input signals via DIGITAL LINK and HDMI terminals. This is a big advantage when integrating the projectors into existing 4K-ready system infrastructure where 4K signals are distributed to a network of display endpoints with different screen resolutions without having to use an external converter or re-encode the source.
Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Solution: DIGITAL LINK is a single-cable AV and control solution based on HDBaseT™ that supports 4K5 video, audio, and control-signal transmission via a single CAT 5e STP cable (or higher) for distances of up to 164 ft (50 m) or 492 ft (150 m)5a for 1080p video, reducing cabling cost and installation complexity when projectors are a long distance from the server room.
Additional LAN Terminal for Dedicated Control: You can control the PT-VMZ61BU via a dedicated LAN terminal or via the HDBaseT™-based DIGITAL LINK connection. Both interfaces support 100Base-TX and 10Base-T compatible control signals via Panasonic, PJLink™, Crestron Connected™, AMX DD, and Extron® device control and management applications.
New 6-Point Screen Adjustment for Projection into Room Corners: new on the PT-VMZ71 Series, this feature allows you to perform 4-Corner and Horizontal/Vertical Keystone Correction via remote control to remove trapezoidal distortion when projecting from an angle, such as a high ceiling. An extra two control points located at center top and bottom of the screen can be used to remove distortion when projecting an image into the corner of a room.
Screen Adjustment Function: fits the image to the screen when projecting from an unusual angle. Curved Screen Correction removes barrel or pincushion distortion for projection onto curved surfaces.
Shutter Function is Great for Short Breaks: Press a button on top of the unit or on the remote control to block light-output temporarily via the shutter function. This feature is useful when taking a short recess during lessons or meetings, or whenever you want to pause content without showing an image, but keep the projector on and ready to go again instantly.
Enjoy Smooth and Effortless Collaboration
- Easy QR Code Connection to Wireless LAN: You can connect your mobile devices to the projector over wireless LAN6 just by reading a QR Code displayed in the projector’s OSD menu with your smartphone's camera. No password or SSID entry is required. Then use our free Wireless Projector app7 to beam select media stored on your device to the big screen. This feature saves time and prevents disruption to the flow of the class or meeting.
- Introducing PressIT, the One-Press Wireless Solution: Mirror your device’s screen on the projector screen almost instantly, no software needed. Wireless Presentation System PressIT8 can connect up to 32 devices to the projector wirelessly, and allows people to display their screens and switch presenters with a single button-press. PressIT comprises a CEC command compatible9 HDMI receiver on the projector side, and transmitters that connect to PCs or mobile devices10. Just connect, press a button, and your device screen is displayed on the projector via the system’s secure 5 GHz 802.11ac compatible wireless LAN. Get more value from face-to-face interactions and streamline communication without cable hassle at a safe social distance.
- Power Selected Devices via USB-DC Terminal: The projector includes a 5 V/2 A USB-DC terminal to power optional Wireless Presentation PressIT11 or a compatible HDMI media streaming device12 for a neat installation on the ceiling without need of extra AC outlets.
- Quiet Operation to Limit Distractions: Whether your class or meeting is face-to-face, broadcast to remote participants via IP camera, or a mix of both, it’s important that noise from the projector doesn’t distract attention from the content or the discussion. The PT-VMZ61BU includes a Quiet Mode enabling operation with as little as 26 dB of noise, helping the projector to fit unobtrusively into the installation environment while keeping your group’s attention focused.
- No Light-Source or Filter Replacement for 20,000 Hours: The PT-VMZ71 Series features Panasonic’s SOLID SHINE Laser technology and long-life ECO Filter, which do not require replacement for 20,000 hours13 when used in a typical office or classroom environment. As well as reducing the cost, hassle, and callout frequency of projector maintenance, you don’t need to keep a large inventory of consumable parts on hand since ECO Filter can be washed and reused up to two times14.
- Multi Monitoring & Control Software with Optional Early Warning Functions: Panasonic’s free AV management software for Windows® PC lets you monitor and control up to 2,048 compatible display devices of any brand via LAN to reduce maintenance hassle within display networks of any scale. Multi Monitoring & Control Software enables status monitoring, device control, content playlist delivery, playback scheduling, and system-map visualization. A free 90-day trial of optional Early Warning software is included. It notifies the operator in the event of a playback or device error, and sends alerts when symptoms of trouble are detected. Maintenance reminders help in the management of consumable parts inventories and the scheduling of maintenance, while operational reports can be generated and exported as a text file. The software links with compatible network cameras for live screen-monitoring, and you can monitor devices remotely from a tablet via VPN. Software data may be acquired via Web API and installed onto an existing control application.
- Simple Operation with Auto Signal Switching: Auto Input-Signal Search function detects the active source device, switches to the corresponding input, and allows playback to commence without the user having to manually perform these operations.
- Quick On/Quick Off and Direct Off: When the projector is switched on, the startup screen is displayed almost instantly at full brightness, with no gradual fade-in as you would expect from a lamp projector. This helps to maintain the momentum of your lesson or meeting. And unlike lamp projectors, you can switch off the projector and unplug it without waiting for cooldown. Direct Power Off function allows the projector to be safely shut off via the room’s breaker switch.
- Plug-and-Play Display with Memory Viewer: You don't even need a computer to start presenting—just insert a USB memory device containing compatible still images to the projector’s USB port, press the NETWORK/USB button on the remote, select MEMORY VIEWER, and start presenting. Advance or go back to the previous slide using the arrow keys on the remote.
- Supports Crestron Connected™, Extron, AMX DD, and PJLink™
- 10 W speaker and microphone input
- Free 360° installation
- ECO Management System with 0.5 W Standby
- Presentation Support System
- Startup Logo Function
- Emulation function
- Presenter Light Software
- Audio Standby Mode
- DICOM Simulation Mode
1 Full On/Full Off, when [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC] and [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] is set to . Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is average of all products when shipped.
2 PT-VMZ51S/VMZ41 in comparison to PT-VMZ50/VMZ40 in NORMAL Mode according to Panasonic research.
3 Brightness is reduced when operating the projector in ECO Mode.
4 Filter cleaning cycle varies depending on environment. Filter can be washed and reused up to two times. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
5 Supports signals up to 4K/30p. A signal with different resolution is converted to the number of display dots (1920 x 1200 dots for the PT-VMZ61BU). Applicable terminals: DIGITAL LINK terminal/HDMI terminal.
5a Transmission distances up to 492 ft (150 m) are supported with signals up to 1080/60p and the projector set to Long Reach Mode when used in conjunction with the optional ET-YFB200G DIGITAL LINK Switcher (not compatible with 4K signals).
6 Optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module required (sold separately). Product availability may vary by country or region.
7 Available free from the App Store or Google Play Store. When using Wireless Projector app, display resolution differs depending on your iOS or Android™ device and the display device. Maximum supported display resolution is WXGA (1280 x 800).
8 Wireless Presentation System is sold separately. Availability may vary by country.
9 Depending on the connected CEC command compatible device, the link control may not operate normally.
10 Android™ device’s USB Type-C terminal requires support for DisplayPort™ ALT Mode (image output function) and DC power supply (5 V/0.9 A). Android™ devices require a dedicated app.
11 Wireless Presentation System is sold separately. Availability may vary by country or region.
12 Compatibility with optional third-party devices (sold separately) cannot be guaranteed.
13 Around this time, light output will have decreased to approximately 50 % of its original level ([PICTURE MODE]: [DYNAMIC], [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] set to , temperature 30 °C (86 °F), elevation 700 m (2,297 ft) with 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter). Estimated time until light output declines to 50 % varies depending on environment. Filter cleaning cycle varies depending on environment.
14 Filter can be washed and reused up to two times. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
|Panel size||0.64 in (16.3 mm) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)|
|Display system||Transparent LCD panel (× 3, R/G/B)|
|Drive method||Active matrix|
|Pixels||2,304,000 (1920 × 1200) pixels|
|Light source||Laser diodes|
|Light output1,2||6,200 lm|
|Time until light output declines to 50%3||20,000 hours (NORMAL/QUIET) / 24,000 hours (ECO)|
|Resolution||WUXGA (1920 × 1200 pixels)|
|Contrast ratio1||3,000,000:1 (Full On/Full Off)
(When [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC] and [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] is set to .)
|Screen size (diagonal)||0.76–7.62 m (30–300 in), 16:10 aspect ratio|
|Center-to-corner zone ratio1||85%|
|Lens||1.6x manual zoom (throw ratio: 1.09–1.77:1)
Manual focus lens, F = 1.60–2.12, f = 15.30–24.64 mm
|Digital Zoom Extender4||Throw Ratio 1.09–2.21:15 (Corresponding value. When used together with optical zoom.)|
|Lens shift (from center of screen)||Vertical +44%, Horizontal ±20%|
|Keystone correction range||Vertical: ±25°, Horizontal: ±35°|
|Installation||Ceiling/floor, front/rear, free 360-degree installation|
|HDMI 1/2 IN||HDMI 19-pin x 2 (Compatible with HDCP, Deep Color, 4K/30p6 signal input), CEC supported7|
|COMPUTER 1/2 IN||D-sub 15-pin (female) x 2 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR)|
|AUDIO 1/2 IN||M3 stereo mini-jack x 2|
|VARIABLE AUDIO OUT||M3 stereo mini-jack × 1|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for computer control (RS-232C compliant)|
|LAN||RJ-45 x 1 for network control, 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, compatible with PJLink™ [Class 2]|
|LAN/DIGITAL LINK||RJ-45 x 1 for network and DIGITAL LINK connection
100Base-TX (Compatible with PJLink™ [Class 2],
HDCP, Deep Color, 4K/30p6 signal input)
| USB (VIEWER/WIRELESS/
|USB connector (Type A) x 1 for Memory Viewer function, optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module,
power supply (DC 5 V, maximum 2 A8)
|Power supply||AC 100 V–240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Maximum power consumption||370 W (3.9–1.7 A) (395 VA)
(Power consumption is 360 W at 200–240 V)
|On-mode power consumption (Light Power)||[NORMAL] 335 W (100–120 V), 320 W (200–240 V)
[ECO] 240 W (100–120 V), 230 W (200–240 V)
[QUIET] 235 W (100–120 V), 225 W (200–240 V)
|Built-in speaker||10 W monaural|
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic|
|Filter*10||Included (Estimated maintenance time: approx. 20,000 hours)|
|Operation noise1||36 dB (NORMAL/ECO), 26 dB (QUIET)|
(W × H × D)
|15 23/32" × 4 17/32" × 13 11/16" (399 mm × 115 mm × 348 mm ) not including protruding parts
15 23/32" × 5 1/4" × 13 11/16" (399 mm × 133 mm × 348 mm) with feet at shortest position
|Weight with supplied lens11||Approx. 15.21 lb (6.9 kg)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature: 0–45 °C (32–113 °F)12, 13
Operating humidity: 20–80% (no condensation)
|Applicable software||Multi Monitoring & Control Software, Logo Transfer Software, Presenter Light Software for Windows®14, Wireless Projector App for iOS/Android™15|
1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is average of all products when shipped.
2 When [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC], [LIGHT POWER] is set to [NORMAL], [DAYLIGHT VIEW] is set to [OFF], and [AUTO POWER SAVE] is set to [OFF].
3 Around this time, light output will have decreased to approximately 50 % of its original level ([PICTURE MODE]: [DYNAMIC], [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] set to , temperature 30 °C (86 °F), elevation 700 m (2,297 ft) with 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter). Estimated time until light output declines to 50 % varies depending on environment.
4 Resolution decreases when using this function. 6-Point Screen Correction, V/H Keystone Correction, and curved-screen correction are not available when using this function, and range of corner adjustment is limited.
5 When Digital Zoom Extender is set to 80%.
6 4K signals are converted to the projector's resolution upon projection.
7 Depending on the connected CEC command compatible device, the link control may not operate normally.
8 On standby, power supply is available with Quick Startup set to ON or Power Management set to Ready.
9 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. On-mode power consumption measured at 25 °C (77 °F) operating temperature at an altitude of 700 m (2,297 ft).
10 Filter cleaning cycle varies depending on environment. Filter can be washed and reused up to two times. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
11 Average value. May differ depending on the actual unit.
12 Light output is limited at operating temperatures higher than 30 °C (86 °F), and projectors cannot be operated at altitudes higher than 8,858 ft (2,700 m) above sea level.
13 When optional AJ-WM50 Series wireless module is attached, operating temperature range becomes 0–40 °C (32–104 °F).
14 When using Presenter Light Software, images are projected with 1280 x 800 dots or 1024 x 768 dots onto the screen. Also, your PC display resolution may be forcibly changed, and audio playback disrupted or become noisy, while images and sound are being transmitted.
15 When using the Wireless Projector app, display resolution differs depending on your iOS/Android™ device and the display device. The maximum supported display resolution is WXGA (1280 x 800).
|Replacement filter (ET-RFV500)|
|Wireless module (AJ-WM50P)||
Add to Cart
|Digital Interface Box (switcher) ET-YFB100G||
Add to Cart
|DIGITAL LINK Switcher
Add to Cart