5200-Lumen Laser Projector with Ultra-Short Throw Lens
This laser projector delivers big pictures from ultra-short distances with minimal shadowing, easy installation and convenient adjustment.
The PT-CMZ50U can deliver a large 80-inch image when positioned only about 1/3 inch (1 cm) from the wall, avoiding shadows on the screen and maximizing the display area in small rooms or wherever installation space is limited. It supports the display of widescreen 2560 x 1080 (21:9) and 3240 x 1080 (27:9) video content and connection of a second projector via its HDMI™ OUT terminal.
Installation is swift and straightforward, even in rooms with low ceilings. The wall-mount option ships partially preassembled to save you time and resources. Adjustment is streamlined with powered center and periphery focus, as well as Digital Zoom Extender and Digital Image Shift via remote control. A stylish body and quiet 25 dB operation blend the PT-CMZ50U into the room.
Start work instantly: images appear about one second after powering on, and CEC command-compatible HDMI™ enables control with a single remote. The PT-CMZ50U works with wireless apps and Wireless Presentation System PressIT. Light source and filter don’t need maintenance for 20,000 hours, and the projector is energy-efficient to save resources.
Note: The PT-CMZ50U is a white projector. For a black model, see the PT-CMZ50BU.
Project Large Images in Rooms with Limited Space
- Big Pictures with Fewer Shadows: Share large 80–120-inch images in rooms of any size, from small huddle rooms to hybrid classrooms where installation space on the ceiling is limited. The compact ultra-short-throw design can deliver an 80-inch image from a distance of about 1/3 inch (1 cm)1. Since the lens is forward of the presenter, shadowing and dazzling are reduced so everyone can communicate comfortably. The large picture and detailed WUXGA resolution make it ideal for displaying small text.
- Stylish Design Harmonizes with Your Space: The projector’s minimal screen offset makes it a practical choice for rooms with low ceilings, where it installs almost flush to the wall. Available in black or white, its integrated body has no protrusions to spoil a clean, elegant style that harmonizes with any interior design. Installed in an office, classroom, or museum, this unobtrusive projector fades from the group’s awareness so attention remains focused on the presentation.
- Ultra-Quiet Design for Hybrid Spaces: CMZ50's heat-resistant light source significantly reduces exhaust noise and unwanted distractions when people are seated close to the projector. Quiet running also improves the audibility of conversations during hybrid lessons and meetings by reducing background noise. In Quiet Mode, its operating noise is just 25 dB2, about the same apparent loudness as rustling leaves. In fact, with a perceived loudness that is less than one third3 that of a comparable lamp-based projector, CMZ50 keeps everyone alert and focused on the presentation.
- Smooth, Crisp Details at WUXGA: WUXGA (1920 x 1200) LCD panels improve text definition and clarify details for a more insightful and engaging presentation. Text edges are smooth, sharp, and easy to read. Documents and images are clearly reproduced, allowing stress-free viewing. In addition, content from various devices can be projected at the same aspect ratio.
- Effortlessly Delivers Widescreen Content: Widescreen video-conferencing software layouts can be output to a CMZ50 projector so that the faces of remote participants appear along the bottom of the screen at eye level to those seated in the room, improving communication fluency. CMZ50 accepts 2560 x 1080 (21:9) or 3240 x 1080 (27:9) input signals4 to enable the display of widescreen content at its original aspect ratio. It includes an HDMI™ OUT terminal and edge-blending function to support the connection of a second CMZ50 projector so that widescreen content can be displayed over two screens at its native resolution and aspect ratio. It’s also possible to share content from the main projector to a second projector, or monitor the presentation on a remote display.
- High Brightness and Contrast for Impressive Visual Impact: Projectors in classrooms, offices, and museums must be powerful enough to cut through bright ambient light. CMZ50 delivers up to 5,200 lm5 of brightness for sharp, well-saturated pictures in bright environments. Dynamic Contrast uses scene-linking technology to analyze each video frame and digitally adjust light output according to the contrast requirements of each scene. Its high 3,000,000:16 contrast ratio improves text legibility and defines detail in shadows even in brightly lit spaces.
- Detail Clarity Processor 4 (NEW): Proprietary circuitry analyzes individual video frames to clarify areas of each image containing fine details. Algorithms extract data from four frequency bands of the signal, sharpening outlines, correcting contours, and reducing ringing noise for increased text definition and clearer detail resolution in video and graphics.
Simplified Installation, Setup, and Adjustment
Powered Center and Periphery Focus via Remote Control (NEW): Once the unit is secured in place, post-installation adjustment is easily performed using the remote control: no more balancing on stepladders to reach manual controls on the projector body. Buttons for the powered center focus and powered periphery focus functions ensure uniform image sharpness from center to edges.
Digital Zoom Extender and Digital Image Shift: If it’s not possible to install your CMZ50 projector in the optimal position, the Digital Zoom Extender7 and Digital Image Shift functions may be useful. In addition to digitally adjusting the image size so it fits on the screen, you can digitally shift the projection by up to ±10% vertically and up to ±10% horizontally. The image position and size can be flexibly changed to fit your screen without touching the projector.
Wall Mount Saves Your Time and Resources (NEW): Optional ET-WBC100 hardware is available for wall-mount projection. The hardware is partially pre-assembled, reducing the number of screw points and the time and effort required for installation. Its lightweight design minimizes the burden during installation. In addition to sliding back and forth, left and right, and up and down, a dial provides ±5° vertical and horizontal tilt adjustment and ±5° of horizontal rotation adjustment. Corrections can be maintained after adjustment without needing a separate locking adjustment screw, allowing for quick and precise adjustment.
Integrates with Your 4K Audio-Visual System: CMZ50 accepts 4K input signals8 via HDMI™ and DIGITAL LINK connections. That’s a big help if you distribute 4K content from a media server to various display endpoints that have different screen resolutions. You don’t need to manually re-encode the video content to suit this projector or use an external video converter, reducing system and workflow complexity.
Includes a USB Port: The projector includes a USB terminal supporting DC 5 V/2 A power supply for the optional Wireless Presentation PressIT9 receiver or a compatible media streaming device10. The built-in power supply reduces cable clutter for a neat and tidy installation. It can also be used to connect the optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module, perform firmware updates, or project still images11 stored on a USB memory device using the Memory Viewer function.
Stress-free Daily Operation
Reduces Environmental Impact, from Unboxing to EOL: Make the change to eco-friendly Panasonic projection and reduce your organization's impact on the environment. The CMZ50's watts-per-lumen efficiency is about 31%12 better than comparable lamp-based projectors, with a maximum power consumption of 325 W (AC 100–120 V) or 310 W (AC 200–240 V). You can improve energy efficiency further by projecting in ECO or QUIET mode. There are no more lamp disposal hassles, and the filter can be washed and reused twice13, making the CMZ50 an eco-friendly choice from unboxing through to your next refreshment cycle.
Absolute Reliability with Minimal Maintenance: Consistent and long-lasting picture quality is just one benefit of the CMZ50 laser projector. The light source and ECO Filter don’t need maintenance until about 20,000 hours14. Comparable lamp projectors would need between one and four lamp changes plus filter replacement if operated for the same amount of time. Furthermore, laser projectors don’t need as much time to warm up and are less prone to unexpected downtime.
- Start the Class or Meeting Instantly: Unlike lamp-based projectors, which take time to warm up, CMZ50 can project your content from Standby in about one second15. It also features a Direct Off function, so you can turn the projector off anytime via the room breaker switch without risk of damage.
- CEC Command-Compatible HDMI™ Makes Life Easy: Both of the projector's HDMI™ inputs are compatible with CEC commands16 to enable use with fewer remote controllers. The projector will automatically switch on, play your content, and switch off when it detects these commands from a compatible source device such as a Blu-ray™ player, media streamer, or optional Wireless Presentation System PressIT17.
- Project Wirelessly18 from Your Smartphone or Laptop: Just scan the QR code shown in the on-screen display menu using your smartphone's camera, and your device will connect to the projector automatically over wireless LAN, with no SSID or passwords required. Then use free Panasonic wireless apps19 to beam your media to the big screen.
- PressIT for More Convenient Document Sharing: Share your screen wirelessly and switch presenters freely. PressIT is Panasonic’s optional Wireless Presentation System that allows easy screen sharing with just a single press of a button. PressIT comprises a receiver connected to the projector and transmitters that connect to PCs or mobile devices20. A neat, stylish layout is achieved by securing power from your CMZ50 projector, which supports DC 5 V/2 A power supply via its USB terminal. (PressIT is sold separately.)
- Multi Monitoring & Control Software21 with Optional Early Warning Functions: Monitor and control up to 2,048 display devices via LAN. The software enables status monitoring, device control, playlist delivery, playback scheduling, and system-map visualization. A free 90-day trial of optional Early Warning software is included. It notifies the admin of playback or device errors and sends alerts when symptoms of trouble are detected. The software links with compatible network cameras for live screen monitoring, and you can monitor devices remotely from a tablet via VPN. Software data can be acquired via Web API and installed onto an existing control application.
- Built-in 10 W speaker, mic input, audio output, and shutter function
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- Supports PJLink™, Crestron Connected™, and AMX® DD
- Control emulation function
- Free 360° installation
- ECO Management System
- Presentation Support System
1 Value is the distance from the projector body to the wall.
2 34 dB in NORMAL/ECO Mode
3 Based on a comparison between PT-CMZ50 (25 dB) and PT-TW381R (30 dB) in QUIET Mode. The human ear perceives changes in sound intensity on a logarithmic scale. The perceived difference in sound volume between the two products was calculated using the following formula: Perceived difference = 10 ^ [(dB1 - dB2) / 10].
4 A 2560 x 1080 (21:9) input signal is displayed at 1920 x 810 (21:9), and a 3240 x 1080 (27:9) input signal at 1920 x 640 (27:9).
5 When [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC] and [LIGHT POWER] is set to [NORMAL]. Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation are all compliant with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is the average of all products when shipped.
6 Full On/Full Off, when [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC] and [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] is set to . Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is the average of all products when shipped.
7 Resolution is reduced when using Digital Zoom Extender. When using this function, some screen adjustment functions may be unavailable or their adjustment range limited.
8 Supports signals up to 4K/30p. A signal with different resolution is converted to the number of display dots (1920 x 1200 dots).
9 Wireless Presentation System PressIT is sold separately. Availability may vary by country or region.
10 Compatibility with third-party devices cannot be guaranteed.
11 For a list of image formats supported by Memory Viewer, please consult the Operating Manual.
12 Based on a comparison between PT-CMZ50 (max. power consumption 325 W, brightness 5,200 lm) and PT-TW381R (max. power consumption 300 W, brightness 3,300 lm).
13 See Operating Manual for details. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
14 Around this time, light output will have decreased to approximately 50 % of its original level ([PICTURE MODE]: [DYNAMIC], [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] set to , temperature 30 °C [86 °F], elevation 700 m [2,297 ft] with 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter). The estimated time until light output declines to 50 % varies depending on the environment. The filter can be washed and reused up to two times. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
15 When [ECO MANAGEMENT] > [QUICK STARTUP] is set to [ON]. [QUICK STARTUP] is unavailable after the [AVAILABLE PERIOD] setting has expired. When [QUICK STARTUP] is set to [ON], the projector continues to warm up, increasing power consumption. When [QUICK STARTUP] is set to [ON], the standby period when the [QUICK STARTUP] function is valid will be added as the projector runtime. [QUICK STARTUP] cannot be set when [STANDBY MODE] is set to [ECO]. Time varies depending on connection terminals, signals, and other conditions.
16 Depending on the connected CEC command-compatible device, the link control may not operate normally.
17 Wireless Presentation System PressIT is sold separately. Availability may vary by country or region.
18 Optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module (sold separately) is required to enable wireless functions, including connection via QR code. Product availability may vary by country or region.
19 Free software is available for Windows® PC here. Wireless Projector app is available from the App Store or the Google Play store. Please check the compatibility of your device before installation.
20 USB Type-C terminal of the video output device requires support for DisplayPort™ ALT Mode (video output function) and power supply function (5 V/0.9 A). PressIT app (available free from the App Store or the Google Play store) is required when using Android™ or iOS/iPadOS devices. For more details, please refer to the operating manual.
21 Multi Monitoring & Control Software for Windows is available free from the Panasonic projector website and includes a 90-day free trial of Early Warning software. Some functions require software Version 3.3 or later. Some software functions may not be supported by this projector series. Purchase an optional license at PASS to continue using Early Warning software after the free 90-day trial period expires.
|Projector type||LCD projector|
|Panel size||0.64 in (16.3 mm) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)|
|Display system||Transparent LCD panel (× 3, R/G/B)|
|Drive method||Active matrix|
|Pixels||2,304,000 (1920 × 1200 pixels)|
|Light source||Laser diodes|
|Light output1,2||5,200 lm|
|Time until light output declines to 50%3||20,000 hours (NORMAL/QUIET) / 24,000 hours (ECO)|
|Resolution||WUXGA (1920 × 1200 pixels)|
|Contrast ratio1||3,000,000:1 (Full On/Full Off)
(When [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC] and [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] is set to .)
|Screen size (diagonal)||2.03–3.05 m (80–120 in) (16:10 aspect ratio)|
|Center-to-corner zone ratio1||85%|
|Lens||Fixed zoom, powered focus lens, F = 1.7, f = 2.81 mm, throw ratio: 0.235:1 (16:10 aspect ratio)
(Projection distance: 1 cm [1/3 in] for 80-inch image)
|Digital Zoom Extender4||Throw ratio 0.235–0.288:15 (16:10 aspect ratio) (Corresponding value)|
|Keystone correction range||Vertical: ±3°, Horizontal: ±3°|
|Installation||Ceiling/floor, front/rear, free 360-degree installation|
|HDMI™ IN 1/IN 2||HDMI™ 19-pin x 2 (Compatible with HDCP 1.4, Deep Color, 4K/30p6 signal input), CEC supported7|
|HDMI™ OUT||HDMI™ 19-pin x 1 (Compatible with HDCP 1.4, Deep Color, 4K/30p6 signal output)|
|COMPUTER IN||D-sub 15-pin (female) x 1 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR)|
|AUDIO IN||M3 stereo mini-jack x 1|
|VARIABLE AUDIO OUT||M3 stereo mini-jack x 1|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for computer control (RS-232C compliant)|
|LAN||RJ-45 x 1 for network control, 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, compatible with PJLink™ [Class 2]|
|LAN/DIGITAL LINK||RJ-45 x 1 for network and DIGITAL LINK connection (video/network/serial control) (HDBaseT™ compliant), 100Base-TX (Compatible with PJLink™ [Class 2], HDCP, Deep Color, 4K/30p6 signal input)|
| USB (VIEWER/WIRELESS/
|USB connector (Type A) x 1 for Memory Viewer function, optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module,
power supply (DC 5 V, maximum 2 A)
|Protocol versions||IPv4, IPv68|
|Power supply||AC 100 V–240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Maximum power consumption||325 W (3.4–1.4 A) (330 VA) (Power consumption is 310 W at AC 200–240 V)|
|On-mode power consumption (Light Power)||[NORMAL] 290 W (AC 100–120 V), 280 W (AC 200–240 V)
[ECO] 215 W (AC 100–120 V), 205 W (AC 200–240 V)
[QUIET] 210 W (AC 100–120 V), 200 W (AC 200–240 V)
|Built-in speaker||10 W monaural|
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic|
|Filter10||Included (Estimated maintenance time: approx. 20,000 hours)|
|Operation noise1||34 dB (NORMAL/ECO), 25 dB (QUIET)|
(W × H × D)
|19 1/2" x 6 19/64" x 16 37/64" (495 mm x 160 mm x 421 mm) excluding feet and protrusions
19 1/2" x 6 15/16" x 16 37/64" (495 mm x 176 mm x 421 mm) with feet at shortest position
|Weight11||Approx. 20.9 lb (9.5 kg)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature: 32–113 °F (0–45 °C)12
Operating humidity: 20–80% (no condensation)
|Applicable software||Multi Monitoring & Control Software, Logo Transfer Software, Projector Network Setup Software,
Presenter Light Software for Windows®13, Wireless Projector App for iOS/Android™14
|PJLink™ [Class 2], Crestron Connected™, AMX Device Discovery|
1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is average of all products when shipped.
2 When [PICTURE MODE] is set to [DYNAMIC], [LIGHT POWER] is set to [NORMAL], and [SYSTEM DAYLIGHT VIEW] is set to [OFF].
3 Around this time, light output will have decreased to approximately 50 % of its original level ([PICTURE MODE]: [DYNAMIC], [DYNAMIC CONTRAST] set to , temperature 30 °C (86 °F), elevation 700 m (2,297 ft) with 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter). Estimated time until light output declines to 50 % varies depending on environment.
4 Resolution decreases when using Digital Zoom Extender. Some screen-correction functions are not available when using this function, and range of corner adjustment is limited.
5 When Digital Zoom Extender is set to 80 %.
6 Supports signals up to 4K/30p. A signal with different resolution is converted to the number of display dots (1920 x 1200 dots).
7 Depending on the connected CEC command-compatible device, the link control may not operate normally.
8 Main version of the firmware must be 2.00 or higher. Optional wireless module AJ-WM50 does not support IPv6.
9 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. On-mode power consumption measured at 25 °C (77 °F) operating temperature at an altitude of 700 m (2,297 ft).
10 Filter cleaning cycle varies depending on environment. Filter can be washed and reused up to two times. Filter cleaning cycle: 20,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.08 mg/m3), 10,000 hours (under dust conditions of 0.15 mg/m3).
11 Average value. May differ depending on the actual unit.
12 Light output is limited at operating temperatures higher than 30 °C (86 °F), and projectors cannot be operated at altitudes higher than 2,700 m (8,858 ft) above sea level. When optional AJ-WM50 Series wireless module is attached, operating temperature range becomes 0–40 °C (32–104 °F).
13 When using Presenter Light Software, images are projected with 1280 x 800 dots or 1024 x 768 dots onto the screen. Also, your PC display resolution may be forcibly changed, and audio playback disrupted or become noisy, while images and sound are being transmitted.
14 When using the Wireless Projector app, display resolution differs depending on your iOS/Android™ device and the display device. The maximum supported display resolution is WXGA (1280 x 800).