3-Chip DLP™ WUXGA Large Venue Laser Projector
Deliver more for less with the world’s smallest and lightest 16,000-lumen 3-Chip DLP™ WUXGA projector. The filterless PT-RZ17KU offers stunning image quality in a compact body designed for large venues. The PT-RQ25K Series is 40 % smaller and 35 % lighter than the PT-RQ22K, for easy handling and workflow.
Newly improved Dynamic Contrast delivers higher white brightness and deep blacks during high-contrast scenes. Gradation Smoother reduces color banding, while Panasonic’s exclusive black-level adjustment evolves again to support seamless multi-screen projection.
Hermetically sealed optical block and high-efficiency liquid-cooling system enable maintenance-free projection for 20,000 hours. Multi-Laser Drive Engine and Backup Input enhance reliability for failure-proof projection.
Note: Optional 3-Chip DLP™ lenses sold separately.
Note: The PT-RZ17KU is part of the PT-RQ25KU Series but is a WUXGA (not 4K) projector.
Compact Form-Factor Streamlines Your Workflow
- The World’s Smallest and Lightest 16,000 lm1 3-Chip DLP™ WUXGA Projector: PT-RZ17KU is 40 % smaller and 35 % lighter2 than PT-RQ22K and only a little larger than our 10,000-lm-class 1-Chip DLP™ models. Unlock time-saving workflow efficiencies that save resources with transport, handling, and installation, easily managed with a team of two. Explore exciting spatial design possibilities in locations previously too small to fit a 3-Chip DLP™ projector. Innovations such as miniaturized optical engine and power supply, high-efficiency cooling system, and revised optical unit materials have resulted in a game-changing design that brings elite 3-Chip DLP™ performance to events of any scale.( Note: Based on publicly available dimensions and weight for DLP™ laser projectors with 16,000 lm brightness and above as of October 2022.)
- Smart Projector Control3 App: simplifies projector setup and operation and smooths your workflow. Connection is easy: just scan the QR Code4 displayed in the projector’s OSD menu with your smartphone camera. You can control up to 64 projectors simultaneously with operations such as on/off, input selection, and setting adjustment easily performed even with the projector in standby. You can select test patterns, adjust lens settings via new lens-control UI, and focus the projection with your smartphone camera5 from distances of up to 98 ft (30 m)6.
- Save Prepping Time with NFC Function: NFC function allows you to prepare your projector for setup and installation, and initialize it to factory defaults after the event, when AC power is unavailable on site or when OSD projection isn’t possible. Just place your phone on the projector’s NFC touchpoint to connect and use Smart Projector Control7 app to read and write settings such as Projector ID and IP address. Fleets of projectors can be prepped for immediate network connection and setup the moment power rolls out on the installation site, saving time and resources. After the event, projectors can be reset to defaults while unplugged, an action that used to require OSD menu projection.
- Import and Save Your Own Test Patterns (NEW): In addition to 10 built-in test patterns, you can now import and save up to three of your own custom test-patterns to the projector. You can save your go-to test patterns or use a client’s content to calibrate the projector before the video source is connected. Access compatible BMP or PNG image files saved to USB memory via the Test Pattern menu, where they can be saved, renamed, or deleted using the projector remote control.
- Flexible Screen Adjustment via Remote Control: Free Grid lets you easily fix image distortion caused by uneven projection surfaces or objects on flat or curved screens using the projector remote control. Reshape the image by adjusting control points or V/H lines on an overlaid grid. Select from various grid resolutions between 2 x 2 and 17 x 17 lines depending on the precision you require. Work progress is saved automatically, and grid and control-point colors can be changed for best visibility over the background image.
Preactivated Upgrade Kits for Geo Pro Software: PT-RQ25K Series projectors ship with pre-activated licenses for upgrade kits bundled with free Geometry Manager Pro software. ET-UK20 Geometry Manager Pro Software Upgrade Kit adds sophisticated edge-blending, color uniformity, and masking tools to an expanded set of software functions. ET-CUK10 Auto Screen Adjustment Upgrade Kit gathers data from a compatible camera8 to automatically calibrate edge-blended areas by adjusting their brightness, color, and black level, saving you the time and hassle of manual calibration.
Remote Preview LITE for Monitoring During Events: lets the projectionist confirm video-signal integrity by viewing thumbnails of the input signal on a laptop prior to projection. Accessed via software or web browser, Remote Preview LITE works with the projector in Standby9 or with the shutter on. It’s useful at events such as concerts where opportunities to check content on screen are limited due to stage traffic, sound checks, sunlight on the screen, and other logistical factors. Remote Preview LITE reduces chance of errors before the performance, and if an error is detected, helps narrow down the possible cause to the signal. (Note: Requires Multi-Monitoring & Control Software Version 3.2 or later.)
- Information Monitor for Easy Setup and Monitoring: A screen on the terminal side of the projector shows operating status information such as temperature, input voltage, runtime, input signal data, and error codes. Use the keypad to navigate simple UI menus where you can configure network settings or update firmware while the projector is in standby, saving time when it’s not possible to project the OSD.
- Wide Scalability with Intel® SDM-ready Slot (NEW): integrates optional proprietary or third-party1 function boards. These function boards reduce installation complexity and make it easier to adapt, scale, and expand your projector’s connectivity to suit different applications now and in the future. The projector works with Panasonic’s DIGITAL LINK Terminal Board (TY-SB01DL), 12G-SDI Terminal Board (TY-SB01QS), and Wireless Presentation System PressIT Receiver Board (TY-SB01WP), as well as selected third-party10 PC boards, terminal boards, and AVoIP boards.
Create an Engaging Visual Experience
Newly Improved Dynamic Contrast of 25,000:111 (NEW): In addition to the high contrast ratio, Dynamic Contrast gains new image-scene analysis that enables more detailed recognition of light and dark areas and better contrast expression. The technology analyzes content frame-by-frame and digitally adjusts light output according to the contrast requirements of each scene.
- Gradation Smoother to Reduce Color Banding: Gradation Smoother technology reduces banding in gradients of shaded color that can become evident in content that lacks adequate color bit-depth. Use the projector remote to select from three levels of image correction depending on how much banding is present, or disable the function when it’s not needed. Gradation Smoother is a lifesaver when banding is apparent in the projection and there’s no time to re-edit the content. (Note: Projectors ship with Gradation Smoother set at a factory default of .)
Adjust Black Levels on Curved Screens: With conventional black-level adjustment, achieving uniform black levels inside blended areas on curved screens has always been tricky. This is because the curvature of the screen distorts the width of black borders used to set black levels. Panasonic answers the problem with advanced black-level adjustment to suit arbitrary screen shapes. You can use up to 17 control points to reshape black borders so they fit the screen without distortion, allowing you to set black levels uniformly with 0.5-pixel precision that’s ideal for 4K content.
Adjust Black Levels Inside and Outside the Image Display Area (NEW): Panasonic’s unique black-level adjustment has further evolved to eliminate distracting black-level bumps that can appear in blends outside of the image display area after geometric adjustment is applied. By unlinking black-level adjustment from geometric adjustment, black-level settings can be applied to the entire blend, including the image overlaps outside the image display area, for a completely seamless multi-screen image. (Note: Black-level area setting must be performed before black-level adjustment. The ability to unlink black-level adjustment from geometric adjustment is supported only on flat screens when adjacent images are aligned vertically or horizontally.)
Reliable and Maintenance-free for Peace of Mind
- Supports AC 100–120 V and AC 200–240 V Power [Japan/U.S. Only]: While PT-RQ25K Series delivers full brightness on AC 200–240 V power, if voltage is lost during an event, or not ready prior to installation, the projector can still deliver up to 15,000 lm12 brightness on AC 100–120 V. Users in regions with AC 100–120 V power can set up and calibrate the projector using a standard AC mains outlet while waiting for high-voltage power to be rolled out at the event site. No more wasted time on unforeseen holdups—this feature keeps your team on schedule as event infrastructure comes together around you.
- Compatible with Our 3-Chip DLP™ Lens Lineup: PT-RQ25K Series is compatible with Panasonic’s fixed and zoom lenses for 3-Chip DLP™ projectors13. Lens-shift range is now significantly wider with up to ±66 % (V) and ±24 % (H) of powered adjustment available with supported lenses. ET-D3LEU100 Ultra-Short-Throw Lens and ET-D3LEW200 Short-Throw Zoom Lens produce jaw-dropping images from short throw distances with zero offset at the top and bottom of the image. The projector also suits ET-D3LEF70 Fisheye Lens for full-dome 4K projection, and the new ET-D3LEW300 Zoom Lens14. (Note: PT-RQ25K Series projectors ship without a lens. Optional 3-Chip DLP™ projection lenses sold separately — see Lenses tab.)
- Backup Input Reduces Chance of Interruption: Backup Input function provides a layer of insurance against display interruption during mission-critical events. Two identical signals can be transmitted to HDMI 1 (Primary) and HDMI 2 (Backup). If transmission to the primary input is interrupted, the projector switches to the backup signal automatically in a minimum of 0.3 seconds15 without screen-blanking. When communication is restored, the projector can be switched back to the primary input. (Note: Primary Input (HDMI 1) and Backup Input (HDMI 2) terminal assignment is fixed. Input signals to primary and backup inputs must be identical.)
- Includes Built-in Mechanical Shutter Function: PT-RQ25K Series has a built-in mechanical shutter. It’s useful at events where laser lighting is used. The shutter protects the DMD imaging elements from direct exposure to laser light that can enter the optical block via the lens. You can keep the projector powered on with the shutter closed, ready to resume playback at the touch of a button.
- Multi Laser Drive Engine with Failover Circuitry: Multiple laser modules are equipped with Panasonic’s unique Failover Circuitry. In the unlikely event a single diode fails, Failover Circuitry continues to supply electricity to the functional diodes in the series, minimizing brightness loss. If the same issue were to occur in projectors without Failover Circuitry, all diodes in the module might shut down, resulting in significant loss of brightness. Multi Laser Drive Engine gives peace of mind in mission-critical situations when image display cannot be interrupted.
Supports 20,000 Hours1 of Maintenance-free Projection: PT-RQ25K Series features a hermetically sealed optical engine that prevents ingress of fine dust particles, eliminating need for an air filter and enabling 20,000 hours16 of maintenance-free projection. Newly refined liquid-cooling system and optimized one-way airflow path enable continuous operation in dusty environments.
- Supports Art-Net DMX, PJLink™, Crestron Connected® V2,
Crestron® XiO Cloud, Extron XTP®, and IPv617
- Compatible with new Multiple PJ Firmware Batch Update Tool
- Contrast Sync and Shutter Sync Functions
- 90 % Brightness Uniformity
- Data-Cloning Function18
- Free 360° Installation
- Quick Start and Quick Off
- Multi-screen Support System
- Multi-Unit Brightness and Color Control
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- Waveform Monitor Function
1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. Value is average of all products when
2 Estimated values by cabinet volume and weight (excluding lens) according to Panasonic research.
3 Check device compatibility at the App Store or the Google Play store.
4 Requires optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module (sold separately). Product availability may vary by country or region.
5 Some devices do not support projector autofocus function.
6 When projecting a 300-inch image. Maximum distance is 10 ft (3 m) for a 100-inch image.
7 Check device compatibility at the App Store or the Google Play store.
8 Compatible cameras comprise Nikon D5200/D5300/D5500/D5600/D7500. Use of Auto Screen Adjustment function with these cameras requires installation of Auto Screen Adjustment Plug-in (a free camera driver). Use of Auto Screen Adjustment function with D7500 requires Geometry Manager Pro Ver. 6.1.10 or later and Auto Screen Adjustment Plug-in Ver. 5.1.10 or later.
9 Projector must be set to Pre-Show Mode.
10 Third-party Intel® SDM-specified function boards sold separately. A list of third-party function boards tested for compatibility with PT-RQ25K Series is to be announced. Panasonic cannot guarantee operation of third-party devices with PT-RQ25K Series.
11 Full On/Full Off with Dynamic Contrast set to . Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards.
12 Maximum light output is limited to approximately 15,000 lm. Maximum value of light output is further decreased in the following cases: when a function board is installed in the slot, when the light source is deteriorating from use, or when there is dust on the optical parts.
13 Excluding dedicated lenses for PT-RQ50K.
14 Scheduled for release in CY2023 Q2.
15 Varies depending on the Backup Input mode and the connected external device.
16 Around this time, light output will have decreased by approximately 50 %. IEC62087: 2008 Broadcast Contents, NORMAL Mode, Dynamic Contrast , temperature 35 °C (95 °F), elevation 700 m (2,297 ft) with 0.15 mg/m3 of airborne particulate matter. Panasonic recommends checkup at point of purchase after about 20,000 hours. Light-source lifetime may be reduced depending on environmental conditions. Replacement of parts other than the light source may be required in a shorter period. Estimated maintenance time varies depending on environment.
17 Optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module is not compatible with IPv6.
18 Data-cloning function supported on identical projectors only. Excludes passwords, projector name/ID, and network settings.
|Projector type||3-Chip DLP™ projector|
|Panel size||20.3 mm (0.8 in) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)|
|Display method||DLP™ chip x 3, DLP™ projection system|
|Number of pixels||2,304,000 (1920 x 1200 pixels) x 3|
|Light source||Laser diode|
|Light output1,2||16,000 lm / 16,800 lm (Center)3|
|Time until light output declines to 50 %4||20,000 hours (NORMAL/QUIET) /24,000 hours (ECO)|
|Resolution||WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels)|
|Contrast ratio2||25,000:1 (Full On/Full Off, Dynamic Contrast )|
|Screen size (diagonal)||1.78–25.40 m (70–1,000 in)
1.78–15.24 m (70–600 in) with the ET-D75LE8 / ET-D3LET80
3.05–15.24 m (120–600 in) with the ET-D75LE95
5.08–15.24 m (200–600 in) with ET-D3LEU100/D3LEW200
|Center-to-corner zone ratio2||90 %|
|Lens||Optional (no lens included with this model)|
|LENS SHIFT (from the origin point of the lens mounter)|
|Vertical||±66 % (52 % with ET-D75LE6/ET-D3LEW60, +71 % / +93 % with ET-D75LE95, ±66 % with ET-D3LEU100, ±57 % with ET-D3LEW200) (powered)|
|Horizontal||±24 % (18 % with ET-D75LE6/ET-D3LEW60, ±14 % with ET-D75LE95, -25 % / +30 % with ET-D3LEU100, ±18 % with ET-D3LEW200) (powered)|
|Keystone correction range||
Vertical: ±45 ° (± 40 ° with ET-D75LE10/ET-D3LEW10/ET-D75LE20/ET-D3LES20, ±28 ° with ET-D75LE6/ET-D3LEW60, ±22 ° with ET-D3LEW50, ±15 ° with ET-D3LEW200, ±8 ° with ET-D3LEU100, +5 ° with ET-D75LE95)
When [VERTICAL KEYSTONE] and [HORIZONTAL KEYSTONE] are used simultaneously, correction cannot be made exceeding a total of 55 °.
|Installation||Ceiling/floor, front/rear, free 360-degree installation|
|HDMI IN||HDMI x 2 (Deep Color, compatible with HDCP 2.3, 4K/60p signal input5)|
|DisplayPort™||DisplayPort™ x 1 (Deep Color, compatible with HDCP 2.3, 4K/60p signal input5)|
| MULTI PROJECTOR SYNC IN/
3D SYNC 1 IN/OUT
|BNC x 1|
| MULTI PROJECTOR SYNC OUT/
3D SYNC 2 OUT
|BNC x 1|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for external control (RS-232C compliant)|
|SERIAL OUT||D-sub 9-pin (male) x 1 for link control (RS-232C compliant)|
|REMOTE 1 IN||M3 stereo mini-jack x 1 for wired remote control|
|REMOTE 1 OUT||M3 stereo mini-jack x 1 for link control (for wired remote control)|
|REMOTE 2 IN||D-sub 9-pin (female) x 1 for external control (parallel)|
|LAN||RJ-45 x 1 for network connection, PJLink™ (Class 2) compatible, 10Base-T/100Base-TX, Art-Net compatible|
|USB||USB connector (Type A) x 1 for optional AJ-WM50 Series Wireless Module/USB memory|
|DC OUT||USB Type A x 1 (for power supply, DC 5 V, 2 A)|
|Expansion Slot||Open slot for for function boards, Intel® SDM compatible|
|Power supply||AC 100 V–120 V / AC 200 V–240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
(The maximum value of light output is limited to 15,000 lm or less when using the projector with AC 100 V to AC 120 V. Other limitations apply6.)
|Maximum power consumption||AC 200 V–AC 240 V : 1,470 W (1,520 VA)
AC 100 V–AC 120 V : 1,060 W (1,090 VA)
|On-mode power consumption (Operating mode)||[NORMAL] 1,010 W
[ECO] 800 W
[QUIET] 790 W
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic|
|Operation noise2||43 dB (NORMAL/ECO), 40 dB (QUIET)|
(W × H × D)
|Approx. 21 5/8" x 8 11/16" x 22 7/16" (550 x 220 x 570 mm) not including protruding parts|
|Weight8||Approx. 77.2 lb (35 kg)|
|Operating environment||Operating temperature: 32–113 °F (0–45 °C)9, operating humidity: 10–80 % (no condensation)|
|Applicable software||Logo Transfer Software, Multi Monitoring & Control Software, Projector Network Setup Software, Early Warning Software, Geometry Manager Pro, Smart Projector Control for iOS/Android™|
1 This is the value when the Zoom Lens (Model No. ET‑D3LES20) is used with power supply voltage of AC 200 V to AC 240 V. The value varies depending on the lens.
2 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards.
3 Average light-output value of all shipped products measured at center of screen in NORMAL Mode.
4 Around this time, light output will have decreased by approximately 50 %. IEC62087: 2008 Broadcast contents, NORMAL Mode, Dynamic Contrast , under conditions with 35 °C (95 °F), 700 m (2,297 ft) above sea level, and 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Estimated time until light output decreases to 50 % will vary depending on environment.
5 4K signals are converted to WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels)
6 Maximum value of light output is further decreased in the following cases: when a function board is installed in the slot, when the light source is deteriorating from use, or when there is dust on the optical parts.
7 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2020 international standards. On-mode power consumption measured at 25 °C (77 °F) operating temperature at an altitude of 700 m (2,297 ft).
8 Average value. May differ depending on the actual unit.
9 When optional AJ-WM50 Series wireless module is attached, operating temperature range becomes 0–40 °C (32–104 °F). The operating environment temperature should be between 0 °C (32 °F) and 40 °C (104 °F) if the projector is used at an altitude between 1,400 m (4,593 ft) and 4,200 m (13,780 ft).
<!— Editable lens table is in PT-RQ25KU —>
This series supports lens memory when used with a projector that also supports this feature. Lens identification is also supported, so that the projector can read the model lens that is installed on it.
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
Add to Cart
* Fish-eye lens
|0.43:1||0.83:1||1.7 – 2.2:1||2.2 – 3.2:1||3.4 – 5.5:1||5.6 – 8.9:1|